Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review - Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce

  Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce My Rating ★★★★★ Goodreads: 3.96/5 Genre: Women’s Literary Fiction Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North was first published in 2022.  The finale to a moving trilogy.     Synopsis Ten years ago, Harold Fry set off on his epic journey on foot to save a friend. But the story doesn't end there. Now his wife, Maureen, has her own pilgrimage to make. Maureen Fry has settled into the quiet life she now shares with her husband Harold after his iconic walk across England. Now, ten years later, an unexpected message from the North disturbs her equilibrium again, and this time it is Maureen's turn to make her own journey. But Maureen is not like Harold. She struggles to bond with strangers, and the landscape she crosses has changed radically. She has little sense of what she'll find at the end of the road. All she knows is that she must get there.   My Review I was gifted this book for Christmas and having

Book Review - Remember The Butterfly by Rebecca L Marsh

 Over the last year or so my reading has slowed right up and I've been pretty slack when it comes to my blog, family and work life seems to just get in the way. 

The to read pile has got bigger (apologies to anyone waiting for a review, I have not forgotten you, your books are all patiently waiting, taunting me that I should make time for them and annoying my husband who says I could start a book shop!) but let me get to the reason we are here and that is that I was kindly given the opportunity to read Remember the Butterfly by the talented author Rebecca L Marsh, in return for my honest review.


Remember The Butterfly by Rebecca L Marsh

My rating - ★★★★★
Goodreads - 4.66/5

This is Rebecca’s Forth novel, which was published February 2022. 
Its available as paperback or kindle.

Synopsis

Something unexpected changes the course of Jillian’s life.

After witnessing her sister’s murder, she’s been tormented by survivor’s guilt. Her desperate longing for a child compounds her grief, while endless fertility treatments weigh down her soul.

Just when hope seems beyond her grasp, her dream of motherhood comes true. All Jillian’s pain is washed away and joy fills her heart.

But when someone shows up threatening to take it all away, Jillian must choose between holding on to her newfound happiness or giving it all up for the sake of someone she loves.

My Review

This is the second book I have read by this amazing author and what can I say, one word would be wow. 

I struggled to put the book down, Within the first couple of chapters I was hooked.

Remember The Butterfly was wonderfully written, the story covers some difficult subjects such as grief, infertility, IVF, and domestic abuse, it’s all crammed in but all written in such a sensitive way. So much heartache, guilt, love and sacrifice just oozed out of the pages sucking me in, what a whirlwind of emotions this book threw at me. It even had the tears flowing.

Rebecca wrote this book giving two sides of the story, and when I got to part two, I was a bit worried to be leaving Jillian’s story behind, I couldn’t see where it was going or how another character would fit in, but soon I was wrapped up in Keeley’s life wondering how either of these desperate characters were going to resolve their problems or would neither of them get a happy ever after. 
I just had to keep reading, I needed to find out.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and all the emotions that came with it, but, feel that it should come with a warning ….

Get Your Tissues ready!

I would not read this book without a box of tissues to hand, and although it sends you on an emotional rollercoaster  it was a thoroughly compelling read.

Thank you so much Rebecca for allowing me to read your wonderful book.
I cant wait to get stuck into one of your others.

If you want more information on this or any of Rebecca's other books then you can head over to her website


Click here to read my review of Where Hope is Found, which is Rebecca's third book published in October 2020.


Comments

Popular Posts