Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review - Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce

  Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce My Rating ★★★★★ Goodreads: 3.96/5 Genre: Women’s Literary Fiction Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North was first published in 2022.  The finale to a moving trilogy.     Synopsis Ten years ago, Harold Fry set off on his epic journey on foot to save a friend. But the story doesn't end there. Now his wife, Maureen, has her own pilgrimage to make. Maureen Fry has settled into the quiet life she now shares with her husband Harold after his iconic walk across England. Now, ten years later, an unexpected message from the North disturbs her equilibrium again, and this time it is Maureen's turn to make her own journey. But Maureen is not like Harold. She struggles to bond with strangers, and the landscape she crosses has changed radically. She has little sense of what she'll find at the end of the road. All she knows is that she must get there.   My Review I was gifted this book for Christmas and having

Author Interview With Rebecca L Marsh

 

Welcome to my Author Interview, today I am with Rebecca L Marsh. I was fortunate enough to be offered the chance to read and review her third novel, Where Hope is Found, my review can be found here:




So to get to know my guests better, I get them to pick a venue for where this interview could take place, they can pick anywhere they like, it could be somewhere special, a favourite place or somewhere they have always wanted to go.
Where is the venue today Rebecca, do I need to bring anything along with me?

I guess if we are setting a scene, my favourite place is the beach. I love the sounds of the waves, the birds, and the other people in the distance. So, how about a trip to Corolla in the outer banks, were the wild horses are? we’d need some nice beach chairs, sunscreen, a beach umbrella, and a cooler with drinks and snacks.

I have a passion for horses and love the beach, so this sounds perfect.

Picture Provided by Wikipedia
Banker Horses of Corolla
After you mentioned this, I did a little research as I was not entirely sure were this was and learnt it is a beach that is situated in North Carolina and according to local legend the wild horses also known as banker horses are descended from Spanish mustangs washed ashore centuries ago in shipwrecks. Nice little fact for the day!

Anyway, for anyone who has not yet come across Where hope is found, it is a wonderfully written, steady paced read, Set on a beautiful island, that made me feel like I could live there and be apart of the close-knit community.
It is due for release on 15th October 2020.

Get your pre order copy HERE

So let’s find out a bit more about Rebecca.

What inspired you to start writing and when did you first decide to write a novel?

I really don’t know what inspired me to start writing. I started when I was 12 and just felt like I was supposed to. I know that sounds weird, but it was more of a compulsion than a desire at first. I started a novel the first time when I was in high school, but I didn’t finish it, and for a while I stopped writing altogether as I was focused on other things. The first novel I finished was started when I was 29.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

For most of my stories, I don’t really know where the ideas came from. But I can tell you that my second novel, The Rift Between Us, was inspired by conversations with my mother expressing her worries to me that my siblings and I might drift apart someday. My Mother is aware she was my inspiration and the book is dedicated to her for that reason.


It’s funny were inspiration comes from but I guess when it happens you just go with it. 

For those who don’t know The Rift Between Us is about three sisters Maria, Lauren, and Avery, they all decide to go their separate ways after a family dinner turns into a bitter fight. Their father warns them that someday they will need one another. When he dies suddenly, they learn that he intends to make sure that they do. He’s left them a substantial inheritance, far more than any of them ever imagined. There’s just one catch. If they want the money, they will have to spend two weeks together at a secluded lake house and follow all of their father’s instructions—no matter how strange.
Their task seems simple enough, but each one is holding onto painful secrets and old grudges the others know nothing about. But if they can learn to trust each other again, they might be able to mend the rift between them and give their father his dying wish.

This sounds quite exciting (I have added it to the must read pile)

Where do you normally write, do you follow any routine?

I write at my desktop computer, which is in a corner of my living room, so no shutting myself away. If I look to my left, I can see out the window a little, to my backyard, but I don’t really have a spectacular view. I usually like to write in the afternoon.

I think if I had a spectacular view it would distract me too much and I would spend more time looking out the window than getting anything done.

Do any of your characters reflect yourself or anyone else that you know?

Not on purpose. I’m sure there is a little bit of me in most of my characters. I’m also sure that qualities from people I know show up in my characters, but I don’t model any of them after myself or anyone I know.

As I mentioned earlier Where Hope is Found is due for release on 15th October. Where will my readers be able to purchase it from? Will they be able to pre order it?

It will be available on Amazon and there will be a pre order time for it. The book will publish on Oct. 15th. I’ll have pre order for a week ahead of that.

This is your third novel; do you have anything in the pipeline for the future?

Yes, book number 4 is in the works, but that is all I can say for now!

Keeping us in suspense, I like it…..

What genre do you normally like to read and do you have any favourite authors?

I like to read several different genres. I do read my own genre, women’s fiction (drama). I also like crime fiction and suspense. I like romance if it is the sweet kind and as long as it doesn’t follow the typical romance outline. Usually I prefer not to read books where romance is the main story. I don’t usually read fantasy or sci-fi, but that is mostly because I’m not really a visual thinker and I prefer that type of story in a movie so I get the visual. I don’t think I have a favorite author and lately I’ve been discovering that there are a lot of great authors out there that are self-publishing like me and I’m trying to read more of their books.

I love it when I find new authors, and happily support self -publishing authors. The only trouble is I keep coming across new authors and this just leads to my TBR pile getting longer!

What are you currently reading, are you enjoying it?

Right now I’m reading No Simple Death by Valerie Keogh. So far it’s very good.

Another author I’ve not heard of, will check this out later, here is a link if anyone wants to check it out for themselves.





What do you do in your spare time when you’re not writing or reading?

Spend time with my family, watch movies, play with my pets.

 

Now just for a bit of fun, if you had to pick one what would it be and why?

Book / ebook Can’t pick. I read both.

Hardback / paperback Paperback. It’s easier to hold.

Classic literature / Modern fiction Modern. I just like it better.

Bath / Shower Shower usually, but I do like a bath to relax sometimes.

Morning person / Night owl I don’t think I’m really either.

City / Country I live in the suburbs and like that because there are places to go, but it isn’t so crowded and noisy. But if I had to pick, I guess country.

Tea / Coffee Coffee. I’ve just never really been a hot tea person.

 

A Little bit from the author:

I am an author of women's fiction and a member of the Paulding County Writer’s Guild. I grew up in the mountains of Western North Carolina, and now live in Dallas, Georgia, with my husband and daughter.

When not writing, I enjoy spending time with my family (cats and dog included), watching movies, and reading a good book.  I occasionally make home-made candy and work on my scrapbooks (I’m woefully behind).

If you want to keep up to date with what Rebecca, You can follow her via

Facebook @RebeccaLynnMarsh

Twitter @RebeccaLMarsh1

Or her website is https://www.rebeccalmarsh.com/

Rebecca has two other novels (which have been added to my list) they are both available on amazon, please find links below:

When The Storm Ends









 Thank you for taking the time to chat to me today, it’s nice to get to know the authors behind the books that we enjoy to read.

Good luck with the release of Where Hope Is Found on the 15th October 2020.  

Its available to pre order now, please click the picture below:



 


Thank you for having me as a guest on your blog.

Rebecca L Marsh

 

Comments

Popular Posts