Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review - Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce

  Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce My Rating ★★★★★ Goodreads: 3.96/5 Genre: Women’s Literary Fiction Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North was first published in 2022.  The finale to a moving trilogy.     Synopsis Ten years ago, Harold Fry set off on his epic journey on foot to save a friend. But the story doesn't end there. Now his wife, Maureen, has her own pilgrimage to make. Maureen Fry has settled into the quiet life she now shares with her husband Harold after his iconic walk across England. Now, ten years later, an unexpected message from the North disturbs her equilibrium again, and this time it is Maureen's turn to make her own journey. But Maureen is not like Harold. She struggles to bond with strangers, and the landscape she crosses has changed radically. She has little sense of what she'll find at the end of the road. All she knows is that she must get there.   My Review I was gifted this book for Christmas and having

Book Review - The Wish in Irish Falls by Jen Gilroy





My rating:★★★★★
Goodreads: 4.67/5
Genre: women’s fiction, romance

The Wish in Irish falls was released on 16th September and is available as an ebook. Free on Kindle unlimited at this present time.
I was kindly given a copy of this book by the author Jen Gilroy in return for my honest review. 


Synopsis


When you wish on a wishing tree, you don’t always get what you want. If you’re very lucky, you get something even better . . . 

When Tara Lynch’s husband was killed on military duty, her happily ever after died too. Although she still wishes on her hometown wishing tree, she’s no longer certain it makes dreams come true. All Tara wants is to somehow move forward without the love and family of her own she’d counted on. 

Walker Cavanagh’s the new veterinarian in town. After his fiancée’s death in a car accident he’s sure was his fault, he won’t get close to another woman to get hurt, or hurt her. As for wishes, they won’t bring back his lost love. 

Yet, as Tara and Walker work together on a fundraising event to train service dogs for veterans, they find they have more in common than they think—and are soon more than a little hot and bothered. 

With some wishing tree magic, can Tara and Walker face their biggest fears and open their hearts to each other . . . and find a new beginning in Irish Falls?

My Review


I have read The Wish in Irish Falls as a stand alone as I did not know at the time, it was the second book of the series called Wishing Tree. It works well as a stand alone but now I’m intrigued to read the first book The Wishing Tree in Irish Falls as its about characters I have been introduced to already.

A Wish in Irish Falls captivated me from the first chapter, it took me on this emotional rollercoaster ride right from the word go, as the characters trudge through their grief, find unexpected love that eventually leads to second chances all with the help of there family, friends and the wishing tree.

It was full to the brim with emotion, packed with loveable characters and oozing with a magical air, small town charm, family and friendships.
I’ve come away from this book, wanting this fictional place to be real so I could go and visit. I want to walk down the street to the bakery, try Tara's tarts and make a wish at the spectacular wishing tree. Maybe even stop for a cuppa with Kathleen Byrne. 
This heart-warming book is well worth a read. I have thoroughly enjoyed it, its left me warm and fuzzy and will definitely read more from this wonderful author. 


The first book in the series you will find below





Comments

  1. Thank you for reading and reviewing an advance copy of 'A Wish in Irish Falls,' Annette. I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I appreciate your kind review and sharing my new book with readers here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts