Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review - Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce

  Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce My Rating ★★★★★ Goodreads: 3.96/5 Genre: Women’s Literary Fiction Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North was first published in 2022.  The finale to a moving trilogy.     Synopsis Ten years ago, Harold Fry set off on his epic journey on foot to save a friend. But the story doesn't end there. Now his wife, Maureen, has her own pilgrimage to make. Maureen Fry has settled into the quiet life she now shares with her husband Harold after his iconic walk across England. Now, ten years later, an unexpected message from the North disturbs her equilibrium again, and this time it is Maureen's turn to make her own journey. But Maureen is not like Harold. She struggles to bond with strangers, and the landscape she crosses has changed radically. She has little sense of what she'll find at the end of the road. All she knows is that she must get there.   My Review I was gifted this book for Christmas and having

Book Review - The Tanglewood Tea Shop By Lilac Mills








My Rating: ★★★★☆
Goodreads: 4.26/5
Genre: Romantic Fiction, Romantic Comedy, Women's Fiction

 
Click here to head over to amazon to download
This book is also available as Paperback 
 


Synopsis

Patisserie-Chef Stevie is stuck in a rut. Her beloved Great Aunt Peggy has passed away, she’s been fired from her job and the love of her life has walked out the door. But when she’s called to the solicitor’s office to hear the reading of Peggy’s will, Stevie’s life begins to change.
Left with a large amount of money, Stevie is determined to take Peggy’s advice and turn her life around. The quirky tea shop that she sees up for sale in the beautiful village of Tanglewood must be a sign, and Stevie can’t wait to make it her new home.

But what happens after your dreams come true? It turns out that life in the village isn't as idyllic as it may have seemed. With local mums waging war against sugar, a tea shop and its patisserie-chef owner are definitely not welcome. When the gorgeous but grouchy local stable-owner, Nick, shows up he seems like just another fly in the pastry batter but as the two grow closer, Stevie realises he might just be the perfect reason to stay and win over the village...

My Review


At the beginning of The Tanglewood tea shop I found the book a little slow and was introduced to some characters that I didn't really find appealing, it didn't pull me in and make me want to find out more. It was only once you were in the picturesque village in Wales that the characters came alive including the ones I didn't much like and I felt compelled to find out what happened next. 
It was a little predictable, very light-hearted and has your happy ever after with the odd laugh out loud moment. I rarely put that on a review as it rarely happens but, I actually did in places have a giggle and had my husband come and ask me what I was laughing at.
  It was a very enjoyable read and sometimes a good dose of a romantic comedy is just what the doctor orders. 

 This book is the first in the Tanglewood Village series. I will definitely be adding the rest of the series to my to read list, might even treat myself !

Other books in the series

  



Comments

Popular Posts