Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review - Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce

  Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce My Rating ★★★★★ Goodreads: 3.96/5 Genre: Women’s Literary Fiction Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North was first published in 2022.  The finale to a moving trilogy.     Synopsis Ten years ago, Harold Fry set off on his epic journey on foot to save a friend. But the story doesn't end there. Now his wife, Maureen, has her own pilgrimage to make. Maureen Fry has settled into the quiet life she now shares with her husband Harold after his iconic walk across England. Now, ten years later, an unexpected message from the North disturbs her equilibrium again, and this time it is Maureen's turn to make her own journey. But Maureen is not like Harold. She struggles to bond with strangers, and the landscape she crosses has changed radically. She has little sense of what she'll find at the end of the road. All she knows is that she must get there.   My Review I was gifted this book for Christmas and having

Book Review - The Secret Seaside Escape by Heidi Swain






My rating: ★★★★★
Goodreads: 4.39/5
Genre: Romantic fiction, Contemporary Romance


This book The Secret Seaside Escape by Heidi Swain was published on 16th April 2020 by Simon & Schuster UK , its available via Kindle, Audio book and Paperback.
I read this Heidi Swain book back in February 2020 in return for my honest review via Netgalley.  
 

Synopsis

Tess Tyler needs a break. Weighed down by her high-pressure job and her demanding father, she’s left little time to take care of herself. But after a shocking discovery sends her spiralling, she flees to Wynmouth, the seaside town she fell in love with as a child, to escape it all. 

 With its sandy beaches, stunning rock pools and welcoming community, Tess feels like she can finally breathe again. And as she grows ever closer to local barman Sam, she dares to dream that she might never return to her real life. But when a familiar face returns to town, Tess realises that there are secrets in Wynmouth too, and that her own past may be about to catch up with her. 


My Review

This is the first Heidi Swain book I have read and OMG I can't wait to read more. ( The Cherry Tree Cafe has made it into my TBR pile now.)  It deserves every star I have given it. I absolutely loved it. I'm sad to of finished it. I loved this book from start to finish. Its a lovely lighthearted easy read. I fell in love with the characters and the tranquil seaside setting. 
I thought it was going to be predictable but I was so wrong, It was full of twists and turns that I just did not see coming and kept me wanting to read more. Its left me wanting to go and stay in Wynmouth, meet all the characters and experience it all for myself.
I will definitely be keeping my eye out for more from this author. 
 
Thank you Heidi Swain, Simon & Schuster UK and Netgalley for allowing me to read and review this wonderful book.

Comments

Popular Posts