Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review - Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce

  Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce My Rating ★★★★★ Goodreads: 3.96/5 Genre: Women’s Literary Fiction Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North was first published in 2022.  The finale to a moving trilogy.     Synopsis Ten years ago, Harold Fry set off on his epic journey on foot to save a friend. But the story doesn't end there. Now his wife, Maureen, has her own pilgrimage to make. Maureen Fry has settled into the quiet life she now shares with her husband Harold after his iconic walk across England. Now, ten years later, an unexpected message from the North disturbs her equilibrium again, and this time it is Maureen's turn to make her own journey. But Maureen is not like Harold. She struggles to bond with strangers, and the landscape she crosses has changed radically. She has little sense of what she'll find at the end of the road. All she knows is that she must get there.   My Review I was gifted this book for Christmas and having

The Feed By Nick Clark Windo - My Review





By Nick Clark Windo

My rating: ★★★★☆
Goodreads: 3.3/5
Genre: Science fiction & fantasy - Dystopian

Synopsis

The Feed is everywhere. It can be accessed by anyone, at any time. Every interaction, every emotion, every image can be shared through it.

Tom and Kate use The Feed, but they have resisted addiction to it. And this will serve them well when The Feed collapses.

Until their six-year-old daughter, Bea, goes missing.

Because how do you find someone in a world devoid of technology? And what happens when you can no longer trust that your loved ones are really who they claim to be?


My Review

The Feed is not my normal type of book, I received this as via a book subscription my husband had bought me for my birthday. I was intrigued but worried that i would not enjoy it.  
When I started this book it felt like I had been dropped into the feed and had no idea what was going on.

As the story progressed I felt I knew very little about the characters, We didn't seem to have any background on their previous lives but somehow that did not matter. The more you read the more you just wanted to keep reading, it became an addiction to find out what happened next. 

The way the book is written makes it very thought provoking and the whole thing just stays with you even after you have put the book down.
I did find this book a very compelling read, I only gave it four stars as I would of liked a little more character background. 
Think I may even look out for more from this author..... 


Comments

Popular Posts