Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review - Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce

  Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce My Rating ★★★★★ Goodreads: 3.96/5 Genre: Women’s Literary Fiction Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North was first published in 2022.  The finale to a moving trilogy.     Synopsis Ten years ago, Harold Fry set off on his epic journey on foot to save a friend. But the story doesn't end there. Now his wife, Maureen, has her own pilgrimage to make. Maureen Fry has settled into the quiet life she now shares with her husband Harold after his iconic walk across England. Now, ten years later, an unexpected message from the North disturbs her equilibrium again, and this time it is Maureen's turn to make her own journey. But Maureen is not like Harold. She struggles to bond with strangers, and the landscape she crosses has changed radically. She has little sense of what she'll find at the end of the road. All she knows is that she must get there.   My Review I was gifted this book for Christmas and having

Book Review - A Good Match For The Major By Josie Bonham





By Josie Bonham 

My rating: ★★★★★
Goodreads: 4.36/5
Genre: Historical Romance

This is Josie Bonham's Debut novel. Set in the regency period, its the first book of a series, The Reluctant brides, linked by character.  Published as an ebook and Paperback

Synopsis 

Pride meets prejudice -can love blossom?

Beautiful young widow Lady Eliza Wyndham is determined never to remarry after a disastrous first marriage. The undeniable attraction that fizzes between her and Major Nathaniel Overton terrifies her. She rejects his advances.

With his pride badly dented, Nat vows to forget Eliza until he finds her in danger from an old adversary of his army days. His protective instincts are stirred and he steps back into her life, but will Eliza be prepared to accept his help?


My review 

I was kindly given A Good Match For The Major by the author Josie Bonham, in return for my honest review. Its an author I had never heard of and had stumbled across by chance on an online group. It came at just the right time, as I was looking for something lighthearted and had been pondering on whether to buy a historical romance, I had even looked at Jane Austen's - Emma.

After reading the first few chapters, I knew this was going to be a book that I was going to enjoy, my husband moaned "are you reading again" on several occasions which can only mean one thing, I could not put it down. 
This book had some wonderful characters throughout who we got to know well, but it was mainly based around two complex, lovable characters, Lady Eliza and Major Overton. Both had baggage from their pasts and were trying to find happiness. The ups and downs of their encounters and their overall attraction to each other made for some exciting reading.
It was a steady moving plot throughout and I was surprised by how many twists and turns were crammed into the story-line, it often left me wondering what would happen next, and wishing them their happy ever after. 

Overall this book is a real page tuner, if you enjoy regency romance then its definitely worth a read. I thought it was very well written, compelling and it certainly left me wanting more.
Thank you Josie Bonham for the very enjoyable read. I am looking forward to the next book in the series.


Comments

Popular Posts