Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review - Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce

  Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North By Rachel Joyce My Rating ★★★★★ Goodreads: 3.96/5 Genre: Women’s Literary Fiction Maureen Fry and The Angel of The North was first published in 2022.  The finale to a moving trilogy.     Synopsis Ten years ago, Harold Fry set off on his epic journey on foot to save a friend. But the story doesn't end there. Now his wife, Maureen, has her own pilgrimage to make. Maureen Fry has settled into the quiet life she now shares with her husband Harold after his iconic walk across England. Now, ten years later, an unexpected message from the North disturbs her equilibrium again, and this time it is Maureen's turn to make her own journey. But Maureen is not like Harold. She struggles to bond with strangers, and the landscape she crosses has changed radically. She has little sense of what she'll find at the end of the road. All she knows is that she must get there.   My Review I was gifted this book for Christmas and having

Book Review - The Marquess's Christmas Runaway By Josie Bonham


The Marquess's Christmas Runaway By Josie Bonham

My rating - ★★★★★

Goodreads - 4.83/5

This is Josie Bonham's third book in the reluctant bride's series.

You can read my review for Book one here A Good Match For The Major

My review for Book two is here The Viscounts Convenient Bride

Synopsis

Max, Marquess of Hargreaves, needs a wife to discourage the machinations of his feckless heir’s mother.

Finding a bride won’t be easy for the man who defied the rules of gentlemanly conduct by breaking his betrothal a decade before. Careful parents will look at him askance after that scandal and he dreads being trapped by another woman only interested in his wealth and position.

Desperate to escape a forced marriage, Georgie Sherborne runs away from her guardian on a snowy morning days before her twenty first birthday. Max rescues her and offers marriage to save her reputation and solve his problem. The marriage starts well but the odd attitude of Max’s housekeeper towards Georgie makes him wonder if he has been trapped after all.

My Review

This is my first review of 2021 and the first book I’ve managed to read since November last year. Pregnancy and now home-schooling seem to have caused quite a reading slump for me which I’ve found hard to get out of, that is until I started reading this book. 

Josie Bonham has yet again produced a delightful, well written book set in the regency period. It has a fantastic Christmas feel to it and I struggled to put it down as I needed to know what was going to happen next. It was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. The characters were loveable and easy to relate to which made it an easy read.

It is the third book of the reluctant bride’s series but, could be read as a stand alone novel. Although I would recommend reading the other two in the series first as you will have a better understanding of some of the characters and this helps with the overall enjoyment of book.

I was sad when I came to the end of the book but it leaves me looking forward to the next in the series. 


Thank you, Josie Bonham for allowing me to read and review your wonderful book. Please keep me updated on the next in the series. I cannot wait to get stuck in.



Comments

Popular Posts